Photo: Chris Kershaw (Joondalup Photo-Design)
Dr Darren Webb
BSc(HumBiol), MCompSc, PhD (PublicHlth) ECowan,
GradCertResComm Curtin, H&WC L3 WCA,
MACS Snr CP CT IP3P, AFAIDH, (Student) HCANZA
Dr Darren Webb is the Principal Consultant of Smart Owl Consulting™ and offers a range of client-centric services through his extensive academic and 20+ years of business experience.
With a strong understanding of business and project management, having worked for and consulted to a variety of small, medium and multi-national brand organisations, Darren is passionate about helping individuals and organisations find effective solutions to their health and business challenges.
As a passionate advocate for preventative health and wellbeing, Darren founded Webble Guys, a health and wellbeing company offering health promoting software to sedentary (physically inactive) populations. This commercialisation of his earlier PhD research has led him to become well-known amongst the entrepreneurial startup community of Perth, having been an early iPREP WA (Industry and Research Engagement Program) participant in 2015 and completing the Curtin Ignition program in 2016.
- PhD (Public Health)
- Master of Computer Science
- Bachelor of Science (Human Biology)
- Graduate Certificate in Research Commercialisation
- Associate Fellow of the Australasian Institute of Digital Health (AIDH)
- Senior Member, Certified Professional / Technologist of the Australian Computer Society (ACS)
- Elected Member of the Branch Executive Committee of the ACS (WA Branch)
- Accredited Health and Wellness Coach (L3) with Wellness Coaching Australia (WCA)
- Member (Student) of Health Coaches Australia and New Zealand Association (HCANZA)
Business and Community Associations
- Edith Cowan University (ECU) Council – Alumni Representative Member
- Business Member of the Wanneroo Business Association (WBA)
- Board Member (Former Chairman & Director of Strategic Partnerships) at the Be Inspired Foundation (BIF)
- STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Maths) Advocate
A passionate networker with over 1,000 LinkedIn connections, he also brings not-for-profit strategic board governance and collaborative policy development experience through his volunteer role at the Be Inspired Foundation.
Dr Webb maintains an active interest in ongoing professional development and is a passionate annual (6x) participant in promoting STEM studies to high-school students at Scitech’s Science Café.